Monday 12 January 2009

Clearing up Christmas

I spent some time clearing the work surface in my craft room, finishing off cards, using up some scraps or images I have coloured. There were Christmas bits and pieces all over the place, so as well as clearing up this Christmas I guess it could be considered as getting ready for next Christmas!! Here are a couple of the cards and a tag I made, I did make some other very quick and simple tags.

This first card is one I made using the Morning Star medallion stamp from Creative Expressions. I stamped, cut out , glued and glittered 6 layers using 3 different coloured pearlescent card. I glittered them using crystal glitter and layered them up with 3d foam pads. The card base and layers were cut from the same cardstock, available in huge sheets from The Range.



The next one uses a Father Christmas stamp, from Creative Expressions, stamped onto acetate using Staz On and glittered on the reverse using Art Institute glitter and glue. I used a gold pom-pom I discovered in my stash, not sure where this came from but it finished off Santa's hat. This was mounted onto paper from Christmas stack from DCWV and finished off with bit of card from scraps, finished off with Scalloped border punch from SU!, peel off greeting and stars from Papermania.



This is one of the gift tags I made using another stamp from Creative Expressions, this one is 'Small Snowy Tree' stamped onto acetate onto acetate and decorated as the card above. The tag was punched using a large Sizzix tag die and I added some thin tinsel to finish.







1 comment:

Heather said...

Brilliant Sam, love the medallion one, such beautiful colours. Your'e putting me to shame - I promised myself I'd make 1 Christmas card per week this year - it's not happening though.
I've tidied up my post Christmas mess - now I can't find a thing (Lol)
hugs Heather xx