Sunday 11 January 2009

Double Pocket Gift Card Holder

Back to the dentist again yesterday, another lot of antibiotics but still not right! I really hope it settles down soon, my appointment for root filling etc isn't until 16 Feb, don't fancy waiting till then, almost wishing I had said take the wretched tooth out when I went last Tuesday at least it would be feeling better by now!

In the hope of taking my mind off my toothache I shut myself away in my craft room to play. It was snug altho a bit noisy as I had the washing machine and tumble dryer going most of the day.....



I discovered this tutorial recently and thought I would give it a go! Its something a bit different from the usual card that gift cards go in, and made from one piece of double sided paper 20cm x 15cm. I made the first one with some Dovecraft Christmas paper which I still haven't packed away, and then tried another with some DCWV paper.

Of course the good old SU scalloped circle punch had to put in an appearance on the Xmas card holder along with a Cuddly Buddly sentiment and the SU tag punch and a sentiment stamp from one of the sets which is a level 1 hostess gift (£150 worth of sales) and some flowers from Poppicrafts on the pink one.

I think they are really quite cute. One pocket is to put the gift tag in and the other for the gift card, think I will be making more of these, as quite often send money/cheques for rellies who live away.






1 comment:

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely cards! I love tutorials too as I often learn new tips and techniques