Saturday 21 February 2009

My post today!

I had lots of post today, some boring, banking, insurance stuff but I also had 2 nice pieces of post. The first was a Thank You card and a swap from Amanda, my SU! team leader. I recently sent a template for the card that has 3 squares on the front of it. I really like the design of these cards and they are so simple to make, they always go down well. Just remembered the pictures come out in reverse order when you post more than one....



This is the inside of the card which is perforated in the middle of the back piece, so the right panel can be detached and used as a bookmark. The perforations are made using a blade on the cutter tool from the SU! catalogue



Here is the front of the bookmark card, I love the colours Amanda has used here. Both stamp sets used to make this card were on my list to buy at one point earlier on this week, but never actually made it to the online order! Guess they will have to be top of the list for my next order, or add to the order at the party I am doing this week.



This is the Thank You card, another temptation, the flower is from the Accents and Elements kit, another item on my neverending list!

My second piece of post was an A6 sheet of unmounted rubber stamps. I was sent these as I had a card published in the October issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft. They were going to put another card in the March issue, but haven't seen it yet, will have to get my hands on a copy! I haven't taken a picture of this as I don't think the details would show up, so will have a play over the weekend and post pictures of what I have made using them.






3 comments:

Enfys said...

Lovely cards, I love the simple elegant design.
hugs
Enfys

Belinda said...

Hi Sam Thanks for your visit, and I will pop your name in for the album and other candy I have up for grabs. How strange is it that when I came to look for you via your link to say hi, I realised I had visited your blog only a couple of days ago, probably on a hop from someone else! You are very talented! Belinda x

cardsandacuppa said...

Hi, Thank-you for visiting my blog, Love yours too !!! Great to hear of someone near to me, How did your workshop go last night ? Loving SU! eh ?
Sarah-Jane xx