Tuesday 23 June 2009

Fathers Day cards

At SU team training in December we made a card using a brayer, not a technique I had tried before and I wasn't sure I was going to like it very much ...... guess what?? I did and HAD to buy one, my life just would not be the same without one.... Since then I have been meaning to make a card like the one we made at training in a different colourway, so what better excuse than Fathers Day!



I am pleased with how this turned out, after a bit of practice. I used plain white cardstock as my base and 3 different shades of blue ink to create the sky. I can see me using this technique a bit more often now I've taken the brayer out of its box, especially as the leaflet with it details other ideas.

If you would like to learn some of these tricks and tips, or any other techniques please contact me as I will be running a series of technique classes, timings not finalised yet, as it will depend on when people will be able to attend. I hope to hear from you soon..... come along for a fun evening.

Inks - Night of Navy, Ballet Blue & Bashful Blue - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Lovely As A Tree - Stampin' Up!
Ribbon, shiny paper & base card from stash


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Great card Sam, i'm really pleased you enjoyed the training. Why don't you enter the card as part of the team challenge at www.inspiringinkinchallenges.blogspot.com

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sam.

Hugs Riet.x

angeljakki said...

Such lovely cards,
very elegant x