Wednesday 19 August 2009

Butterfly Tilda goes 3D......

As mentioned in my previous post, here's the project I've been working on over the last couple of days along with commissions and the odd spot of painting - watercolour where I can get away with it, otherwise emulsion :-(

Create 4 Fun challenge this week is a template to make a tag bag. Well my printer is throwing a wobbly, so I cheated a little on this one and cut my tags using a Sizzix red die and stuck those to a box, dimensions look about the same as the template, so hoping thats OK.



The Just Magnolia challenge this week is friendship and the Just Magnolia Monthly challenge is to 3D an image, so thought I would combine all 3 challenges and make the tag bag, which I haven't filled as I wanted you to be able to see the inside which I have decorated with offcuts of paper and a matching card.

Here's the other side of the tag bag. I felt it needed a bit more detail, so dug out some headpins and beads to add that bit of bling!



I love this image, these colours and papers, although I'm not sure I will be working with them again for a while, especially after water colouring about 6 images of Tilda, I was seeing Shabby Shutters and Spiced Marmalade in my sleep LOL!





There are 2 layers of Tilda on the tag bag and 4 on the card. I really enjoyed this technique, I hadn't thought of doing this to stamped images although not quite sure why, decoupage has never been a favourite of mine although I loved making medallion cards when I first started card making.

Anyway off to enjoy the sun while its out and do a spot of colouring, hope to catch up on some blog hopping later tonight.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are darling, what a cute little set

PinksyDoodles said...

Ooh these are adorable Sam. They must have taken you ages - but they are so worth it! Just gorgeous!
Clare x

Leonie said...

This is really pretty! Love the 3d en the glitters! Everything looks fabulous, great job!!

Leonie xx

Saskia said...

Sweet, sweet work.... so beautiful and creative!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Diamantin said...

Very nice.

Riet said...

Ohhh Sam,what beautiful,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

Beautiful Sam, fabulous little set, love the 3d tilda, she looks fabulous. hugs rachxx

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats so wonderful!
Great Colors have you choosen!
Thanks for joining in the Create4Fun-Challenge!

Domi

Bev said...

Stunning card and gift bag sweetie, love the colours and papers. Gorgeous! x

peggysue said...

I like the tag bag, neat idea. Pretty colors for Tilda too.

Mina said...

wow I love these...know what you mean when you use colours too much lol, but these were well worth it...just amazing...thank you for joining in with the Just Magnolia monthly challenge
Mina xxx