Thursday 6 August 2009

What a challenge!!

You know when you're making a card and the finishing touches just won't happen? Had that problem with this card. I stamped and coloured the image with copics, thanks Rach, for the tip off, really enjoyed this bit but it just wouldn't come together with the flower in the top left and I couldn't decide on a sentiment so at 1.15am I decided perhaps I should go to bed and revisit it in the morning.



I'm really pleased with how it turned out, love the summery colours which reflect the weather here today, not like 4.00am this morning when I was woken by torrential rain and a thunderstorm!
I am going to enter this card for 4 challenges
Friday Sketchers - sketch
Cupcake Craft Challenges - beach theme
Creative Card Crew - under the sea
Papertake Weekly - 4 seasons, colour scheme reflecting the season



These are the copics I used to colour in this image, love using these pens but need more practice and more pens!

Recipe
Images - Lazy Summer Days Magnolia summer kit
Sentiment - Hero Arts set
Papers - DCWV Citrus stack, mirri card from stash
Colouring - Copic ciao as above photo, Tempting Turquoise SU! ink
Tools - MS border punch, SU! scalloped circle and large oval punches, 1/2" circle punch, Cricut George & Basic shapes cartridge

Am off to get some breakfast now, see you later.

12 comments:

Rach said...

A gorgeous card Sam, brilliant colouring with your pens sweetie, fabulous.. hugs rachxx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Sam,
This card makes me want to visit the sea and going swimming! I love the flower it's like a big sun shining down on Tilda. It's gorgeous.
Copics are such fun - they bring out the child in me - I love colouring!
Have a great day.
Clare x

Bev said...

Fabulous card Sam, wow you colouring is brill (I must practice and not be so quick to give up lol.) x

Liza said...

Gorgeous beach themed card Sam, the image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sam,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. Love the image and the papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tab said...

Oh sweetie I love your card, such a sweet image and I love the colours you have used!
Hugs Tab xxx

Donna said...

Fantastic Card Sam, fab image and just perfect for our beach themed challenge this week. So pleased you could join us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Pop's Cards said...

Love the flower thinks it looks fab, gorgeous image and super colouring, thanks for joining us at cupckae hugs pops x x x

Dawny P said...

This is just so pretty - I love that image and your colouring is fabulous :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Ida / Little said...

Hi Sam, i think the card happened very well!! :) Love the image. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week! :)

Hugs Ida

Paula said...

What a fabulous card i adore the sweet image and fab colours.
Paula xxxx