Tuesday 3 November 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

It's my Dad's birthday today, I always struggle for cards for him as he doesn't have any of the usual 'male' hobbies such as football, drinking, DIY.
I was browsing through some old magazines recently when I saw this design so thought I would give it a go.



The card is A5 folded in half. Paper is from a Papermania stack, cardstock at the top was run through CB embossing folder. DAD cut with Cricut, think it was Birthdays and Beyond cartridge, too lazy to go and look!



And this is how it looks when you flip the top back on its hinge - the hidden greeting. This design is very versatile, I can see lots of girlie cards made using this style with handbag or shoe toppers on!

4 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

What a great card, I didn't expect the hidden greeting. This is a brilliant design for those people that you just don't know what to put on a card.
Clare x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

A gorgeous birthday card for Dad, he will love it, hugs Linda x

Tasha said...

Great card Sam love the flip top and the grt colours
love tasha xx

Claresflair said...

Great card Sam - love the flip top! Did you get my order? Will drop a cheque round later tonight if that's OK?
Clare
x