Sunday 3 January 2010

Anyone for Anya

It my second and last week as a guest designer for Anyone for Anya boo hoo.....
Mmm what could I make - the challenge is 'Anything Goes' I wanted to use one of my new stamps that I bought before Christmas but haven't had time to ink up yet, My Guy Ian. After checking that I could use an Ian rather than an Anya stamp I settled down to make a card for a boy, love this image, it reminds me of a lot of my sons' friends, that pose is often seen around here ;) Its ages since I've made a card, I really enjoyed making this one and the peace and tranquility of my craft room (if you block out the sound of the washing machine and tumble dryer - which was working overtime today!!)



I have decided that I am going to try a stash diet for a couple of months .... ha ha, hope it lasts longer than my food diets ;0 I've got so much stash and I really need to clear some space to make way for some more or for my sewing machine as hubby is not too keen on it taking up the spare seat at the dining room table!
In a bid to use up some of my stash I am going to continue to decorate the inside of my cards, so thought I would show you what I did with the offcuts of paper today.



It seems I've got a lot of catching up to do with challenges and blogging as I've not done that much crafting at all over the last 2 weeks. I've got 3 birthday cards to make for me to send this week, and 3 star cards, one of which is needed on Tuesday, better get me skates on....

Papers - Papermania
Colouring - Copics & distress inks
Stars made with 5 petal flower punch from Stampin' Up!, with the curved edges cut off, embossed with Swiss Dots CB folder and tinted with metallic cream.
Stamps - The Greeting Farm, My Guy Ian

3 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Great card Sam - this is the pose my almost 3 year old has!
Good luck with your stash diet!
Clare x

Stacey said...

I love this card! Such a fab layout and you totally have the 'boy card' nailed me thinks!

Thank you so much for my fabby christmas card, it was lovely! Hope you had a good one ~x~

Marcea said...

Great card hun - I think this image is so versatile for male cards! Great job with the inside of your card too - it is fab!!
-x-