Tuesday 2 February 2010

Creative Card Crew - Valentine challenge

Love is in the air ..... my turn to choose the challenge this week at Creative Card Crew, so with Valentine's Day nearly on us there really was no other choice to be made!!

This week's Sponsor is Crafty Addicts and there is a wonderful Rachael Anne Miller stamp up for one lucky crafter.



This is about the third attempt at my DT card.... It's been a busy couple of weeks and crafting has been put on the back burner :-( probably at a time when I could do with it most!



I dusted off some of my much neglected SU! stash to make this card, rooted out the Simply Said stamp set, Whisper White and Real Red cardstock, Real Red ink and my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I decided on a Z fold card as I haven't done one of those for ages. On the left of the Whisper White ribbon I have stamped Love using Versamark ink but it's not showing up too well, you'll have to zoom in to get a better look.
I couldn't make a valentine card and not use the lovely Martha Stewart heart border punch could I? so that's the only non SU! product used here. I've just had another look at the photo, think I was a bit heavy handed with the dabbing on the edges, another one destined for the bin I think!

Looking forward to seeing your entries for this challenge. Happy crafting.



4 comments:

Pauline C said...

Very stylish card Samantha - fab!
pauline x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Another goreous card Sam i love that Martha stewart heart punch! hugs Linda x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sam.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty and fun!! Perfect fold style too!! I love it!! TFS! HUGS