Thursday 29 April 2010

Summer time - if only!!!

Hey second post of the day....
I was really chilly this afternoon so shut myself in my craft room to play (after turning the heating on!) I thought this summery image might warm me up, but not as much as my feet on the radiator under my worktop! What a very co-ordinated young lady we have here, with her rubber ring matching her swimmers!

I love these stamps which were from the Magnolia summer kit last year. Coloured with copics, forgot how much I like working with these, and I cut the circles with my new toy, an EK Success circle cutter which I bought recently when I was at a scrapbooking workshop. It is so easy to use, so expect to see a few more circles on my cards in the coming weeks!

I had a browse round some of the challenge website this afty too and am entering this card into 4 of them.

Just Magnolia - anything goes
Sketch Saturday - sketch, deviated from the sketch slightly, only by replacing the rectange with none other than a circle and put my embellies vertically rather than horizontally but hope this will be OK.
Secret Crafter Saturday challenge - use distressing, you can see some there if you look hard enough, used distressing inks on the image and lilac layer and distressed the edge of the white/green cardstock - honest....
Copic Colour challenge - use B02, BV02 & YG03.

That's me for today, catch up soon.

xx

4 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Lovely card Sam!
Clare x

Tasha said...

Hey Sam! How are you? Love this summer tilda she looks fabulous!
Its a shame youw ere cold today, it was nice and warm in my garden
love tasha xx

Maya said...

Such a lovely card!
Wonderful image and lovely colors!!
Thank you for joining us at SS,
hugs from Maya :)

Beth said...

Oh this is adorable! Such a sweet and summery card and your colouring is fab! Thanks for joining in with the CC challenge!

Love Beth xx