Sunday 2 May 2010

Pirate Edwin gets distressed

I hope you are enjoying the long weekend, even though the weather isn't very nice today... but what better excuse to get crafting!

I had a wonderful day yesterday, we went for a drive and ended up at Crafts U Love and The Glitter Pot, I love online shopping but sometimes a girl has to have a stroke of craft goodies before you buy! I was pretty restrained, ended up with quite a few papers which I hope will end up in scrapbooks rather than on cards, some embellishments and a couple of stamps. I also bought a bag to store my copics in that is more easily transportable than the plastic boxes they are in at the moment - not sure they are all going to fit in there tho so I may have to buy another!

Here's the stamp I bought, which just had to be inked up as soon as we got back! Then it had to go on a card which I designed to meet a couple of challenges.



I am pleased with the way this turned out, I often struggle, like a lot of crafters, in making cards for males so when this stamp jumped into my basket yesterday, how could I put it back on the shelf?
I dug out my distress inks, haven't used them for ages, and got painting. Perhaps I should have bought some of the new colours on my shopping trip yesterday! Best start a shopping list....

I'm loving my EK Success circle cutter, it is just so useful, as you can cut so many different size circles, I used it to cut the circle Edwin is on and the ones used for the sentiment. The stars are made with my SU flower punch with the rounded edges trimmed off, finished off with buttons tied with elastic cord.
The patterned papers are from an SU stack that was a hostess gift, other goodies from stash.

I am entering this card into 2 challenges,
Quixotic challenges - How distressing
Sketch Saturday - layout.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.




xx

3 comments:

paola said...

Oh mY Word! you got him, and he is gorgeous, i love to shop at the glitter pot and craftsulove give great service, i am waiting for mine from them. Your card is Great, you did a wonderful job with Edwin, love it!
smiles
Paola

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sam.

Hugs Riet.xx

SemSee said...

Aw, Pirate Edwin is so cute! Thanks for joining challenge #101 at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Sem x