Wednesday 2 February 2011

Lili of the Valley, Anything but a square..valentine card

By the skin of my teeth or what!



I had hoped to get away from work a little early today, time I'm owed but it never happened so consequently I am very late with this post, nearly never made it!!

The challenge over at Lili of the Valley this week is 'Anything but a square.'
It took me a while to decide what to make when in a flash of inspiration I remembered I had some large scalloped circles I bought ages ago from The Glitter Pot, a quick slice later and I had my card base.... The stamp is one I bought from the recent release of LOTV stamps, coloured with lots and lots of copic markers. The next task was cut the mats for the card, I couldn't find a compass for love nor money so had to resort to drawing round the edge of a dinner plate, but I quite like the frilled effect on the edges.
The papers are by First Edition Paper, Desert Blooms from The Range, I bought recently, lots of gorgeous papers I can see these becoming a favourite of mine! The postman delivered a package from The Ribbon Girl today, which was beautifully wrapped and fast delivery, I only ordered on Monday evening! I used some of the seam binding and some dew drops that I stuck onto upside down card candy.

I am also entering the following challenges
Charisma Cardz - Valentine/Love
Fussy & Fancy Friday - Valentine - no pink or red.

Better get some dinner on now...

6 comments:

Rach said...

but very gorgeous..xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, gorgeous creation i love this image, thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week hugs pops x x x

Claire said...

Oooo this is lovely Sam - I love the shape and fab image too. Hugs, Claire x

Rosietoes said...

It's super Sam. Love the shape and the colours.
thank you for joining in with the LOTV challenge this week.

Edna x

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful and such a great shape. Thanks for joining us this week at the LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for entering the DT call at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - good luck!
Helen x