Monday 28 January 2013

UFO Sunday

I have finally finished my project for UFO Sunday. I love this idea as it helps me focus on finishing a previously started project, I can start new projects any other day of the week but not on a Sunday!
This week's UFO is my very first piece of patchwork. I had avoided sewing since a nasty experience at secondary school but when we went on holiday to a craft and sports hotel I thought I would give the patchwork class a go while the boys went off to play some sport. I chose 4 jelly roll strips, the log cabin pattern and a needle and thread. That was nearly 4 years ago, my fabric stash still has lots of gaps in it although my pattern book collection is coming along nicely,  I soon decided to give machine quilting a go and haven't looked back since!

The middle bit is hand stitched and the cream border has been machined on. I miscalculated the borders, I had planned for the cushion to be slightly larger but just pleased that it is finished. I've got another one nearly the same I had hoped to finish today but lots of unpicking put paid to that, I tried stitch in the ditch quilting but as I had pressed the seams open lots of the stitches disappeared so I had to unpick and go back to the drawing board.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really nice block. I like the colors you chose, and in the end, I think the border is a nice size anyway!
: )

Marelize Ries said...

I love the colours, just beautiful!!