Thursday 31 October 2013

Zip it!!

I feel like I need a drum roll here as this is the first project I have completed in ages. 

It didn't take long, there are only 15 lines of stitching, although a few more for me as this is the first time I have sewn in a zip, and a very pretty one it is too, in my opinion! I got the zip back in the summer from The Eternal Maker in Chichester. The instructions for this bag are on the shop's blog, really quick and easy, once you have mastered the art of sewing in zips! 

All zipped up

Showing off the lining 



My mind is already working overtime, thinking of different ways of making these lovelies and different sizes/shapes. That's a couple more Christmas presents sorted! 

Off to make a couple of cards now, catch up later.......

1 comment:

Glinda ♥ said...

You do the drum roll, Sam and I'll add the cymbals! Well done on this - have only used zips in iPad cases so far but, like you, felt very chuffed with myself! Well done :)