Thursday 7 November 2013

Getting there.....

Woo hoo, it's the weekend!!! This is my first week back on my normal hours since April and I am loving it,  I have been working full time due to staff changes and not liking it very much as it has greatly eaten into my craft time! I have been lucky enough to change my day off from Thursdays to Fridays :)

I have been working on a broken herringbone quilt since the beginning of  September, it was supposed to be for a quilt along which should have finished last week  but I quickly fell behind the schedule :(


Here we are with 10 of the blocks, only another 2 to go ....... There are 2 of each colour except the orange and purple ones although it's not very clear in the photo. 

I'm hoping to get the top finished this weekend although it's going to be a busy one, one of my friends is celebrating her 50th birthday, can't believe we've been friends for 35 years, where has the time gone? Then off to see Jessie J on Sunday, just a bit excited as it's been a long time coming, we booked September last year for this March.

Off to try and get a block finished tonight...

2 comments:

Claire said...

I am loving the bright fabrics on this Sam. Glad you have your hours sorted now, I hated full time, gives you no time for anything, especially hard when you have a family and house to run. Enjoy and have a great weekend! Hugs, Claire x

Glinda ♥ said...

These blocks are delightful, Sam, it'll soon be finished! Enjoy Jessie J - I've heard she's awesome :)