Wednesday 5 February 2014

A little stash building....

I haven't managed any sewing over the last few days as I am so shattered when I get in from work. I have been browsing lots of lovely blogs so I have a 'things I would like to make' list as long as my arm!

While I was paying for an eBay purchase for my son,  I had to have a little shop myself and this gorgeous jelly roll dropped into my basket.... The colours remind of me sugared almonds.


I have bought some other fabrics to make hexies with, discovered http://thehexieblog.blogspot.co.uk and www.moxyideas.com where they have sheets of hexie templates. Maybe I can get cracking with some hand sewing as it is just too much effort to get off the sofa and to the sewing machine at the moment! 

I have also finished a baby cardigan for a colleague.


I rarely knit first sizes but think on this occasion I should have done as when they bought the baby recently I realised just how large it was. It's amazing what effect a newborn has, lots of broody ladies despite a lot of us being past our sell by date!

No comments: