Monday 24 February 2014

New York New York so good they named it twice!!

I've been a bit quiet on the crafting front lately and that is because I have been busy planning and then away on a short break to New York. 
My family and close friends know that this is a place I have long wanted to visit and I wasn't disappointed. I guess it is a place you either love or loathe, but I loved it.


After an early start we arrived at 6pm local time, 11pm UK time and took a walk to Times Square. 


It was bitterly cold so we had to find somewhere to warm up - luckily we found a great Irish bar to have a few drinks.

Before the trip I had looked up several quilt shops in the city although I didn't want everybody's days to be arranged around these shops so one of the first stops the next day was a trip down Fifth Avenue. One of the shops we all wanted to visit was the Apple store which is open 24/7 365 days a year - can you believe it? The shop is underground, huge and absolutely heaving!


In my crafty past I have done some beading - I still do a little, usually at Christmas but my main interest these days is patchwork and quilting. We were obviously in the beading district as there were so many bead shops it was unbelievable, if only there were as many quilt shops! I just had to have a photo taken outside one of them to show my Mum the size of the shop. I daren't go inside otherwise I would have been tempted to buy and I could have been in there quite some time!


I will be back with the next instalment tomorrow, off to familiarise myself with my MacBook Air and then to catch up on some sleep.

Good night all x

No comments: