Thursday 15 May 2014

Almost a finish - WIP Wednesday & Let's Bee Social

It's been a long time in the making, lots of stitching, unpicking, redesigning of borders, a problem with blue chaco marker, I think there are a few faint marks left, hoping they will go when I wash it.

I had difficulty sleeping last night so came downstairs to make a cuppa and watch a quilting programme I had recorded. I decided to trim the wadding and backing of the quilt instead and then thought I would make the binding as I still wasn't tired. 


My mission this evening was to sew the binding on and start hand sewing it to the back, one of my favourite parts of quilting because its very relaxing, you can watch tv while doing it, keeps you toasty warm and it means another project is almost finished - time to start a new one! 


Just need to sew a few ends in as well but its time for bed now. 
I am aiming for a Friday finish on this one. 

Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday
& Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts Let's Bee Social

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Pretty quilt. Gotta go surf your blog to see if there are more pics of it...I'm dying to see the whole thing. :)
I'm with you. I love hand sewing binding down while watching tv or visiting.

Glinda ♥ said...

Looking good, Sam! Will it be a Friday finish?? I'll be back to see :)

Lorna McMahon said...

Sounds like my kind of quilter. I love coffee. And when you can't sleep, you may as well get something accomplished. Sorry to hear this beautiful quilt has given you so much trouble. But you have tamed her nicely!

deborah said...

Looks like a lovely quilt from the little sneak peek on your post... will be checking back for the reveal :)