Monday 12 May 2014

Avoiding the issue!!

I had promised myself that I wouldn't start another project until I had finished binding my Winter Lane quilt. Well I have only got the binding to do........ I jarred my back last week so have found it uncomfortable to sit to my sewing machine never mind manoeuvre a big quilt around so this weekend thought I would have a go at a few smaller projects that have been on my to do list.







I was very restrained when I took Mum to our LQS on Friday until I discovered the lovely sewing accessory fabric. I decided on the tan fabric to go with it until I spotted the red fabric which really lifted the sewing accessory fabric, sadly the tan one had been cut so I had to have that also, then there was the issue of getting a reduced price if you bought 4 FQs.







The first projects are thread catcher pots, really quick and easy to make. I couldn't decide what fabric I wanted on the outside, once I had sewn the side seams I wished I had done it the opposite way round so quickly ran up another in reverse colour ways. Thank you Tina at Seaside Stitches for the tutorial.




My Mum was making peg bags recently for a couple of her friends. When I was doing the ironing this weekend I pulled out a couple of the wooden hangers to have a go. A quick dash to The Range before closing to buy this lovely fabric and this is what we ended up with....




What can my next avoidance project be - reorganise my fabric ..........


No comments: