Friday 30 May 2014

VW Camper van cushion front


One more day of the half term holiday to go and I have been making the most of it! I caught up with a friend over coffee this morning, had a mooch around a lovely gift shop in the village and some sewing this afternoon and evening.

As I managed to get my hands on some double sided fusible yesterday I made a start on the VW camper van cushion kit I bought at the Malvern show recently.

I have cut, stuck and sewn all the pieces on, so tomorrow I need to quilt it, and make it into a cushion. Think I am going to have a practice at stippling to see if I am up to FMQ a cushion - if not I guess it will be the usual straight line quilting!!

Every time I look at this cushion it will remind me of the Sunday afternoon outings we used to have when I was a child with my sister, parents and grandparents. They had a camper van although I can't remember what colour, and we would go and have a picnic of sorts - happy days......

       

No comments: